CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

You'll have to excuse the horrendous picture as I only have my phone for a camera for the time being, but check out these beauties! Okay, so maybe diamonds are a girl's best friend, but faux diamonds are a girl's wallet's best friend.

These are my latest Home Shopping Network purchase. I was just casually browsing around the site when I saw that there was an Absolute Event! For those of you don't know (but really should) Absolute is HSN's version of a cubic zirconium and it is amazing. They claim that people won't know the difference, so I asked my geologist husband to put their words to the test. He says that though it's easy for him to tell the difference (he is a professional after all) it's a really good imitation and the average person likely couldn't tell the difference. I buy that. Except for the size thing...I don't think anybody believes that little old me can afford rocks that big. But I don't mind, I love them all the same. Besides, if they were real I'd be afraid to wear them outside!

I decided to reward myself, I've been going through a lot and I deserve it. And seeing as how I'm staying at my sister's house with my mom, I really didn't have any jewelry here with me. (Yes, I'm just looking for excuses here.) I can't resist an Absolute matching set on sale, so sue me! These are fabulous. I love them. And already wear them all the time. I highly recommend checking out HSN.com's Absolute section.

Not only have I been checking the website, but my mom and I have taken to watching HSN sometimes when she's in bed feeling low or tired. We both get excited seeing what's in store. We ooh and ahh at the good stuff, giggle at the silly, and have fun predicting what the salesgirls will say next. It's so nice that shopping can make us feel better. And the jewelry makes me feel beautiful and fancy. Can't argue with that!

1 comments:

Melanie said...

That is so pretty!

Oh, and I love how you were "casually" looking at HSN.com. Obviously you weren't on a wbsite called the Home Shopping Network to buy anything :)

You are THE Shopping Girl through and through! Love it!