CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Late Night TV, You Win Again

People like me are the reason infomercials were invented. Okay, so this time it wasn't an infomercial, but HSN: Home Shopping Network.

It was 1:30 AM, and I was curled up the couch with a fleece blanket and my cat. I was so comfortable, and not at all sleepy, so I decided to find something on TV for another hour or so before going to bed. (Unemployment has made me revert back to my terrible sleeping habits.)

Of course at that hour there was nothing good on TV, but I scrolled through the channel guide, bound to find something to watch. That's when I saw, "Tori Spelling Collection" displayed on HSN. I had purchased a Tori Spelling necklace (the floating agate in blue for any of you that know the line) awhile back and really loved it. I thought back to when I had ordered that piece and remembered that she had some really great pieces; they were stylish, trendy, and chic. I hadn't purchased more for two reasons: one, the stock was limited and two, the items were a little pricey. (And on a side note: I am only slightly bitter that the necklace I bought a while ago is now half the price. Oh, well!)

Anyway, back to 1:30 AM, the couch, and HSN. Tori Spelling was actually on this viewing to show the jewelry, and for some reason, the fact that she, herself wears the jewelry appeals to me. Enough so, that I want to buy it. I watched the remaining half hour of the show and stayed tuned for the next hour to come. I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anything, but I still wanted to see the whole line. I made it to the end, loving so many of the pieces, and they were at a special event price, but I still held to my pledge that I wasn't going to order anything.

By the end of the second hour, I was quite groggy. Before I knew what was happening, I had popped on to HSN.com and was ordering a necklace. I decided it was so versatile I could wear it with everything, so it would be well worth the investment. I typed in my credit card number in my altered state and clicked order. Here is the result:



This picture doesn't really do the necklace justice. I really do love it and am hardly even experiencing any cognitive disonance. The only problem is that my shopaholic nature has kicked in and I want to order more! I find myself checking HSN.com a few times a day. You might think that sounds crazy. Okay, it is kind of crazy, but if you shop at HSN you might know why. You see, the stock is constantly updated, and at any given time, the inventory is different. You never know what you might find, and that triggers my shopaholic-ness, too. I'm getting out of control! I must regain composure!

But seriously, check it out! I love the line. Oh, but don't buy too much, the stock is very limited and I might want that.

8 comments:

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

so funny, I have also been there eyeing up the goodies. Just adore this piece. Great shopping indeed.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, every once in a while I do turn on HSN or QVC. Usually during a makeup segment, especially because as they show products they explain how to put them on -- it's like the best makeup application video there is.

Melanie said...

I do the same thing. I am so good about not shopping for forever, and then I buy something and it is like a gateway into emptying my bank account on frivolous things! I really need to join a support group or something.

Unknown said...

There is just something about HSN that puts me in a trance and makes me want to buy. I know what you mean!! That IS a beautiful necklace.

adrienne said...

When I read "Tori Spelling Collection" I immediately thought, "WTF. They are selling a dvd collection of crap she was in?"

I pictured a collection of Lifetime movies and reality tv show dvds.

I don't have cable so I had no clue that she started a jewelry line.

It's a beautiful necklace.

Thanks for the visit.

Allie said...

Uh oh. I do love shopping but have never ventured onto the HSN website. I'll have to save it for after my cross-country move, but you may have recruited a new addict.

PS - thanks for the comment. Running for 4 minutes is awesome! Even when I ran a 5k I was still only running for 10 and walking for 2. It gets easier, from my experience anyway.

Susie said...

Your loot is safe from me! I'm too much of a "toucher" to buy things online or from the TV.

Karen said...

OOooo...girl feel no guilt cause that neckalace is gorgeous and your not the only one with insomnia late night shopping.

Let me tell you both my husband and I have been brainwashed into buying The Red machine, Insanity workout, Turbo Jam...then to make matters worse we went to Bed,bath & beyond and purchased the Steam Shark, Instyler and Bullet Express... Oh yea we've become infomercial maniacs ;)

Much Luv,
Karen